Charlie Bress

wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:40:57 -0400, "Charlie Bress"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..

No, it's not his fault that there's no wall remote. I specifically said
no
when
he asked if we wanted the wall remote installed. However, he did not
install the
receiver and there is no other external speed control. It's a Harbor
Breeze
70085. So he basically left us with a fan that only runs on high unless
we
install the receiver which is what he should have done.

Cin

Just a comment. I think a remote control for a fan is assenine. Just
another remote to lose or misplace. It's bad enough keepting track of
all the ones for the tvs vcrs dvds and the like.
I'd return the fan and get one that has the controls either on the
fan, or on the wall. Just my 2 cents.

Mark

Actually it is not asinine. I have a remote/receiver on a fan. The fan was
only wired with one 2 wire (plus ground) cable.

The remote controls the fan speed and also controls the light. The remote
never gets lost. It mounts in the same wall box that originally held the
switch.

Got it from HD.

I can't imagine somebody installing the receiver and not doing something
with the remote. I have always see them sold as a package unit.

Charlie

OK, I didnt know they worked like that. I thought they were handheld
like tv remotes.

They come both ways

Charlie