Lar

In article ,
says...
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:00:34 -0500, Lar
wrote:

In article ,
says...
Someone recently told me to pour diesel fuel in the hole, because I
have rats in my barn, and can not use poison around livestock, and
have cats too. I have not tried it yet, but plan to.

Just curious as to why you would pass a proven legal means of rodent
control to go way of illegal usage of diesel. Snap traps would be
another way of population reduction for you.

I use the snap traps outdoors, but the rodents dig under the wall from
the inside. Snaptraps dont work when there are horses running around
inside. I am not going to dump a 55 gallon barrel of diesel, just a
quart or so.

Though there would be additional cost using a pro, there would be ways
to treat the pests near the animals. You might try to hunt down some
bait stations that could be adapted for snap trap usage so that using
them around the livestock could be an option.
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS