Mak Wilson

Thanks for the overflow of intelligent replies. I've read then saved
all this good info. I now realize my reciever DID come with an AM
antenna, but I mistook it for a cheapy FM antenna (which I didn't need)
and trashed it. Just using a 5 foot piece of wire made a big
difference. In fact, going from the TV/FM antenna to the 5 foot wire
was a noticable improvement, so I guess you guys know what you're
talking about. I'd still like to do better so I'll keep looking around
and experimenting. The Crutchfield link offered seems a little
expensive, but the only other one I've found so far is Radio Shack, and
it really doesn't look like it's made for AM despite the description:
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=15-1859

Anyway, thanks again. I'll keep working on it. All replies were
helpful and appreciated.