CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Cindy wrote:
We just had a master bedroom added on to our home. The price for the addition
was fair...not too high or too low. We've done several miscellaneous things
ourselves that were supposed to be included in the price for one reason or
another...no big deal. We had a ceiling fan put in the room along with recessed
lights. When the electrician was here, he asked if we wanted a dimmer for the
lights. We said yes. He said it would be $45 extra which I felt was ridiculous
but we okayed it. At the same time, he asked if we wanted a wall remote for the
fan. He suggested that it wasn't necessary since we could control the speed from
the fan itself. So we passed on the wall remote. We just found out the fan is
always on high because he didn't install the remote into the fan unit and there
is no external control on the fan. Would you just fix it yourself or have the
electrician come out and do the job right?

Thanks,

Cin

would have been better if he did it from jump. Typically you have one
set of wires going to the fan, and the light and fan are both on the
same switch.

What you need now is 1 switch for the motor, and one for the light. So
you probably have to run a new wire. Are you able to do this?

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert