SQLit

Default Should electrician do this?

"Cindy" wrote in message
.. .
We just had a master bedroom added on to our home. The price for the

addition
was fair...not too high or too low. We've done several miscellaneous

things
ourselves that were supposed to be included in the price for one reason or
another...no big deal. We had a ceiling fan put in the room along with

recessed
lights. When the electrician was here, he asked if we wanted a dimmer for

the
lights. We said yes. He said it would be $45 extra which I felt was

ridiculous
but we okayed it. At the same time, he asked if we wanted a wall remote

for the
fan. He suggested that it wasn't necessary since we could control the

speed from
the fan itself. So we passed on the wall remote. We just found out the fan

is
always on high because he didn't install the remote into the fan unit and

there
is no external control on the fan.

You declined to have a switch installed. Now it is his fault? Sorry I do not
see the logic there.
If he chose the fan then maybe you have a issue. I will bet that he just
hung it unless you did.
Please provide make and model of your fan. I have never seen a fan that did
not have a method of switching speeds, the ole pull chain comes to mind.
Some I have seen have slide switches on the housing for fan speeds. Most
have pull chains.

less than 50 bucks at the home center and you can buy a remote control.
Which is the way all of my fans are controled.

Would you just fix it yourself or have the
electrician come out and do the job right?

Thanks,

Cin

--
Newsguy Express Usenet Accounts: 15GB/month at only $9.95!