Rembrandt Kuipers

John wrote:
I am after a bit of advice. I have the floorboards in one room to sand
down before varnishing. The room is about 4m square. I was going to
hire a Drum Sander but I have heard some bad stories aboout using one.
I was going to use it with an Edge Sander but it has been suggested
that I only use the Edge Sander.

Do you mean the that room is 4m x 4m (IOW 16 sq m), or that the floor
area is 4 square metres (for example a 2m x 2m room)?

I am interested in the answer too this too, but I want to make sure the
answers are answering the right question.

I have a 3x3 room, that has a large opening to a 3x4 room, that also
joins onto a corridor of about 3x1. (All dimensions in meters.)
Essentially the floor to be sanded is approximately 6x4, but has some
walls in the way. There are a few other bits too. I have been presuming
that I should hire both a drum and edge sander for a weekend, Jewson's
does a reduced rate for both. (Is there a better place to hire from?)

Rem