John

Default Sanding floorboards - Drum Sander and or Edge Sander

I am after a bit of advice. I have the floorboards in one room to sand
down before varnishing. The room is about 4m square. I was going to
hire a Drum Sander but I have heard some bad stories aboout using one.
I was going to use it with an Edge Sander but it has been suggested
that I only use the Edge Sander.

Is this a reasonable idea

How much easier is it to use the Edge Sander

What would the difference be in finish between the two sanders

How much longer would it take just using the Edge Sander

Any other comments (apart from the differnece in cost)