David

J wrote:

"BillyBob" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
groups.com...

Fein Turbo II is rated at 58 decibles. The Shop Vac "Quiet Deluxe 6.5
HP" is rated at 82 decibels.

The rule of thumb I know is that 3 decibles corresponds to a doubling.
Thus the Shop Vac Quiet Deluxe 6.5 HP is 24 decibels louder, or 3 db +
3 db + ... + 3 db (8 times), or 2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2 = 2 to the 8'th power =
256 times louder.

Is that correct? If so, holy moly!

Yes. Then there's always the challenge of whether to believe the
manufacturer's claims. 58 db is incredibly quiet, but that is what the

Fein

is known for.

Bob

I have the turboIII. It is bearable - unlike any other shopvac I've ever
used.
Though it does make the biscuit cutter howl when it is hooked up to it.

the noise from the BC is a function of the design of said BC; not the
fault of the vac.

Dave