jim rozen

Default OT--Feeling sorry for the ones that stayed behind

In article , Willy B. says...

What? Your kid got knocked up at the age of 14? That's the government's
responsibility for not handing out enough condoms in her school. It's not
HER fault.

The problem with this approach is, the government down there was in
fact building and maintaining the system of dikes and pumps to keep
the city, well, afloat.

And if you talked to anyone concerned two months ago, they probably
would have said, 'no problem.' That the recent events would be
rated as being once every thousand year happenings or so.

What should they do, just abandon the city as is, where is, and
re-build on higher ground? Or start trucking in fill...?

No existing govenment is going to say 'well we can't live here any
more. We're disbanding our jobs, your homes, your businesses, because
it isn't safe here. There would be riots!

Oh wait, there *are* riots...

Jim

please reply to: