Graham Saad wrote:
Are you talking about the sc-x1000 as seen he

http://www.sanyo.com.au/hiresimg/Consumer/SCX1000.jpg

If so, it's one I've got short-listed. I'm interested in hearing how it
performs and whether or not you need to replace the filter, or just wash it.

Yeah, that's the new model which I've got.

The old model, I used for 3 years without any problems. You can wash
the filter, it's made of a fine mesh on the outside, and a cloth filter
on the inside, but I've had no need to wash it.

Just wind the lever as they show in the manual to shake the dust out,
and it's ready to go.

As far as suction goes, it's pretty strong all the way through. No real
noticable drop n suction, unless you have filled the whole cannister
up.