John Smith

Default Sticky ignition key on car - Fiat Bravo/Brava

Hi,

I have a 1998 1.6 petrol Fiat Brava (the Four door one - or is it a Bravo?
Never can remember which it is :-)) and a couple of times in recent months I
have had trouble turning the key in the ignition.

The key appears to be stuck or 'sticky' much in the same way you can get
trouble with turning a key in a Yale lock.

So, what can I do about this - is it as simple as getting some WD40 and
squirting a small amount into the ignition or is this a bigger problem? I
have been off work sick for several months and have hardly used my car so
could this be a reason?

It is a tad frightening when this happens - usually is the case - when I am
a long way from home :-)

Thanks for any advice or info,

J.