Mark Carver

Steven Campbell wrote:
"Mark Carver" wrote in message

Have you read that companies terms? "Note: We will supply backlights as a
supply only with no warranty, we will not accept a return for any backlig=

ht
that is broken, or faulty, under any circumstances, or if you find out th=

at
the backlight is not the problem "(they are extremely fragile, and easily
damaged.) If you want a warranty, send the unit in for our fixed price
repair service"

That sounds to me like they wouldn't even replace it if it was broke in
transit!! Avoid.

At a cost of =A3200 for a tube is it worthwhile, considering you can get =

a 17"
TFT from aria.co.uk for under =A3100 now?

Indeed

http://benq.co.uk/ServiceAndSupport/...product=3D577=

&type=3DW
Has details about BenQ warranties, If I'm reading it correct then you sho=

uld
have a 3 year warranty.

Thanks for that, I'll pursue that avenue when I return home. I should
still have the receipt, (I bought the monitor in a Tiny store !) but if
not it seems from Benq's T+Cs that they can still accept claims based
upon the manufacturing date. If all else fails that LG model mentioned
by Vortex2 looks tempting !

Thanks again to all for you responces