NC

Default removing skirting 'neatly' !

yeh - good point! How can you tell I'm a DIY virgin !?
Suppose I dont really know what I'll do until I see whats behind the
skirting. Even if I dont use the same holes, it'll still be a lot nicer to
be able to take the old skirting off smoothly by unscrewing, rather than
ripping it off ! Less chance of taking the plaster off etc etc.

"David" wrote in message
om...
"NC" wrote in message

I am about to lay laminate and will remove all the skirting to replace

with
decent stuff. The current skirting is held in place with screws, covered

up
by round plugs cut from scrap, and hammered into place to hide the
holes/screw heads. I could use a wrecking bar to lever the old skirting

off,
but I would much rather take out the old plugs and unscrew neatly -
preserving the old holes for the new skirting. Is there a simple way of
doing this ?? Is there a tool that will do the job ??

Not sure why you're so keen to re-use the old holes. I would have
thought that way you'd be making more trouble for yourself - how are
you going to drill pilot holes in the new skirting at exactly the
right places to match up with the plugs? Can be done, but a real
fiddle to get right. If I were you I'd be inclined to drill pilot
holes in the new skirting, offer the skirting up to the wall, using it
as a template to mark the position of new drill holes in the wall
(couple of inches away from the original holes).

David