Gary A in KC

I love doing projects where I get to sculpt the wood. A couple of Maloof
style rockers I built have given me a taste at what you can do with a piece
of wood that's outside the typical 90 degree angles and box shapes of many
wood projects.
I agree with swingman - a Nichols pattern makers rasp is an excellent tool
(and yup, it's pricey but WAY better than the cheaper alternatives - you get
what you pay for here).
You might also check out the assortment of Microplane tools too. I've bought
several of them and been very happy with the results. Let's you hog off a
lot of wood in surprisingly short amount of time with good control. They've
now got a lot of different shapes that give you some good control of your
efforts.
Well worth playing with.

Gary in KC

"ROYNEU" wrote in message
oups.com...
I wanted to find out how many of you are using rasps, files and chisels
to shape wood in projects? In the past I've used these tools
extensively. But they were not my own.

The second part of this topic is: What companies would you suggest that
I might buy very good quality for my tool box?

I've been remembering the wonderfully rounded shapes I use to create
and want to do more. Also, the ease of removing wood. The feel and
sound of the rasp wisping through the wood.

I know you Neander Types can help me. No, this does not mean I am
completely going to the other side. Beside you do not easily slide back
down the slippery slope when you have so much heavy iron holding you up
on top of the hill.