Mark Carver

Default TFT Backlight replacement

I have a Benq 731 17 inch TFT screen, it's almost two years old. I'm away from
home at the moment but my wife told me over the phone last night that, quote,
"the screen has a dark strip two inches wide down the right hand side"
She says that there's not a sharp line line dividing the dark patch from the
rest of image, so I've discounted any faults with the individual pixel elements
(?).

Doing some Googling it seems that TFT screens have a backlight tube ? I found
this firm that do replacements,

http://www.laptopsolutions.plc.uk/lcd_backlights.htm

.... but at 200 quid for a 17inch screen ! it's not worth the bother and expence
(if that's the problem anyway).

Anybody got any experience or thoughts ?

TIA

--
Mark