Graham Saad

Are you talking about the sc-x1000 as seen he

http://www.sanyo.com.au/hiresimg/Consumer/SCX1000.jpg

If so, it's one I've got short-listed. I'm interested in hearing how it
performs and whether or not you need to replace the filter, or just wash it.

wrote in message
oups.com...

Graham Saad wrote:

Can anyone recommend a decent mid-range vacuum cleaner? Only provisos are
that it should be bagless (I'm a convert) and have decent performance on
&
not scuff, hard timber floors. All suggestions appreciated.

Here's a useful answer for you Graham.

I use the Sanyo bagless model. It retails for about $240. I had the
first model when it first came out 3 years ago. It worked till today. I
only bought the recent Sanyo model because the old one was looking a
bit beat. I used it to vaccumm the attic and pull out almost 1/2 cubic
metres of dust.

I actually live in a Queenslander with hardwood polished floor, and it
works fine. The thing with polished floor - you don't need that much
suction. I think the Sanyo is about 1200W? It's more than enough.

I did look at Dyson, and unlike you, I did not buy it. For timber
floors, you just cannot justify the extra $300-400. The Hepa filter is
only useful for carpet floors where dust & asthma & allergies might be
an issue.