Owen Lawrence

I was wondering how effective are rare earth magnets to hold stuff on
table saw such as feather boards and the like. and what size of magnets
to use?

thanks, cyrille

They work well if attached properly. The trouble though is that they
still slide along the surface quite easily.

I put some heavy duty double sided tape on the magnet and it doesn't
slide. FWIW I scrounge old microwave ovens and get out the two donut
magnets that are in the magnetron unit.. these magnets have uses all over
the shop.

You can also get super magnets out of old hard disk drives. (You can get
them out of new hard disk drives, too, but there are better sources than
that.)

- Owen -