Dave Fawthrop

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:35:23 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

| I was interested in how a pumped system could be switched to manual. A
| hamster in a wheel to turn the pump?

OK I give in. I was an Engineer designing little power stations for
aircraft, so thinking outside the box was normal for me.

I put two loops of one inch pipe, one on each side of the house, which
worked by gravity a treat, when tested. I shorted out the pump with a
gate valve, and shorted out the motorized valve which cut off the upstairs
with another stop valve. I also put in an extra pipe to feed the
downstairs radiators when the upstairs motorized valve was shut. In the
case of a power cut, open the two gate valves. The only problem left was to
feed the gas valve from an invertor from a battery. Unfortunately, in the
next 25 years, we never had long power cuts, so it was a complete waste of
time and effort :-(

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
"Intelligent Design?" my knees say *not*.