Tom MacIntyre

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:58:28 GMT, (Carl Jenkins)
wrote:

Hello,

A friend's computer had been suddenly rebooting
after being on for a half hour or so. It would
happen to him every day. I thought his power
supply might be sagging so I took my supply and
put it in his machine and put his suspect supply
in my machine. He has been running fine every day
for about a month now but e-mailed me today that
he had another sudden reboot (the only one in
about a month). His machine had only been on for
a minute or two before this reboot occured so I
don't think heat has anything to do with it. His
old suspect supply has been running my machine
just fine. I'm going over there on the week-end
to give his machine a good cleaning, fan lubing etc.
but I can't think of what could be causing this
(very intermittent now) rebooting.
If anyone has a suggestion of something I could
try I would appreciate it.

TIA,

Carl

Possibly CPU fan.