Chris

Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:20:48 GMT, the blithe spirit "Tom Gardner"
clearly indicated:

Tanks are cheap! Anything involving a doctor is expensive! I saw a
mobile
home that once held an air tank that blew, changed my outlook some.

Yabbut, bodies are adaptable to 2 or 3 atmosphere changes. (Ever been
swimming/diving?) Houses and mobile homes aren't. They just expand at
whatever point is weakest, like blowing out all the windows at once or
peeling the top off like a soda can poptop.

1.5 atmospheres (8psi boost) will blow a house apart while causing
us to yawn, instantly adapting to it due to slight discomfort.
(The shrapnel would be a different story.

So, how many people here have experienced exploding tanks? (Everything
I've seen has been pinhole leaks, then larger holes from cleanup, like
Gunner and his screwdriver-through-the-steel-freeze-plug episode. I've
done a lot of freeze plugs like that, too.)

If any, how many of those tanks were old and rusted/leaking?

Accident records I've seen indicate that tank explosions were (nearly)
all caused by sticking safety valves where tank pressures were doubled
or tripled before they gave way.

.-.
Life is short. Eat dessert first!

Never seen a nuclear explosion either.

Does that mean it is ok to play with splitting atoms?

Chris
Just kidding.