John Rumm

David Hearn wrote:

I used an SDS drill to remove tiles last week - and I found that you had
to push quite hard to get the hammer action to kick in. I could imagine
that doing this on mortar would be quite difficult as it would keep
stopping and you'd need to restart each time.

That is one of the problems you don't get if you go for a decent SDS
drill. You should be able to get a very smooth and light application of
hammer (as long as you lubricate the bit shanks every now and then!)

--
Cheers,

John.