T i m

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:50:13 +0100, John Cartmell
wrote:

Anyone know what goes on behind the scenes with these people ...?

The last time we were given the telephone excuse they told me they weren't
allowed to use telephone directories. I assume that it's part of their attempt
to return to the 19th century before electricity challenged to supremacy of
gas ...

Hmm, it not like they are 'cold calling' .. maybe be an issue with the
Data Protection Act .. like if you wanted them to have my phone
number I would have given them it ... but not if it's in the phone
book surely! And I think 'Phone number' was on the form when I signed
up with British Gas 26 years ago?)

.. then again Powergen are doimg their best to ensure they remain in
competition by sending three letters reminding us that we need to be in to
allow them to read the electricity meter ...

.. which would be OK if the meter wasn't readable only from an exterior slot.

Doh! A mate got a mate to make a cupboard to cover all the meters /
CU's but make the front panel removable if needed. He also asked if he
could make a letterbox sized hole in the front to allow meter reading
without having to remove the front. When he came home he saw the
'slot' was .5m from the front of the meter. When he asked him why he
put the slot there he said "I don't know, couldn't you use a mirror to
read it ..?" ;-)

snip pathetic trail of incompitence

(There is *much* more to this saga - but the full story requires
serialisation...)

I bet ..!

I *try* to keep things in perspective and remember it's not the hands
fault that it doesn't hnow what the other one is doing ..?

Like with NTL. Loads of folk slag off the service and the C/S but
touch wood, the few dealings I have had with them over probably 10
years (guess) I have had with them have been ok? Recently however they
were supposed to remove a service (and have) but have billed me for it
for the last couple of months. I spoke to CS for the 3rd time today
and they are going to sort it out. We will see .. I'm sure they will
but I bet they (any of them) aren't as slow at charging / getting your
business in the fitst place?

All the best ..

T i m