T i m

Default 4th go, still no show .. ;-(

Hi All,

So, there I was, up ready and waiting for the 4th time, ready to have
our gas meter changed (see posts a few months back) by the Siemens
engineer between 8am-12am.

It's 11am and no show ... the missus phones to see if it's been done
and she suggests I give them a ring to see if we actuallly are going
to get an engineer this time ... ?

"Ah yes, it's on my system .. it's been cancelled for today ... "

So, now a 5th date is planned for September .. (yeahright).

I said "*you* want to change the meter, *you* state a time and be
there at that time (after all, they could schedule me in for the first
job of the day couldn't they)?

One of the last excuses was "we tried to phone you to let you know but
we didn't have your number nor did 118 118... "

When we tried them they *did* have it straight away (but that was no
surprise, even offered to put me thought to myself!) and we have only
been on this house and in the phone book, with the same non ex
directory number (and hence BT's directory enqs) for 26 years ....
sigh.

Anyone know what goes on behind the scenes with these people ...?

All the best ..

T i m