Bob Mannix

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:41:31 +0100, "Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)"
wrote:

| In article , Set Square
| wrote:
|
| 1/2" and 15mm pipes are so similar that you can use 15mm compression
or
| solder fittings on 1/2" pipe without any problems.
|
| Compression yes, but I have experienced the odd failure when using 13mm
| fittings on 12.7mm (1/2") pipe.

Yorkshire and other soldered fittings *no*.

Too harsh, they (15mm fitting onto 1/2" pipe that is) will go with a bit of
effort and quite successfully. Most of my radiators are fitted like this
(1/2" installarion converted to 15mm then onto rad).

There used it be special soldered fittings but I doubt they sell them any
more.

Yes I bought some not long ago, you can still get them I believe. The 22mm
to 3/4" ones are easier to find (as you can't do without) but you can still
get the small ones, I believe.

Always use compression fittings to join imperial to metric.

Easier but not better (but that's not an imperial metric thing!)

Bob Mannix