N. Thornton

Default Solar space heating idea

(NickW) wrote in message . com...
I have considered a wind turbine...

Solar thermal however, I think should be exploited first as it seems
to yield the big numbers for something as simple as heating air. I
worked out at the weekend that I have enough space for an 8 square
meter freestanding collector on the south side of my house. Hopefully
enough to average 1.6kw during daylight hours during the winter.

Hi

Last time I did calcs for wind to heat the figures were incredibly
bad. Since solar thermal can actually pay its way and more, it is the
clear choice. There is also the fact that its silent, safe, virtually
maintenance free, and can go most places. OTOH wind turbines rarely
get planning.

Regards, NT