John Rumm

Capitol wrote:

We have a similar experience. As Andy has said it seems to be
related to the design of the drain and apart from regularly dehairing
it, there seems to be no satisfactory answer. I've considered drilling a
hole in the top to see what this does, but I too would like to
understand it. In our case, the run to the main drain is 1M of 40mm
pipe, so it's not the drain blocking. The problem does seem to come and
go, but keeping the trap clear does help.

The chrome thing in my one has a screw height adjustment on its
underside. Hence you can tweak the height above the surrounding tray. I
found my one need raising a mm or two to get suitable flow through it.
Might be worth investigating if yours has the same.

--
Cheers,

John.