Badger

We're looking at buying a house where the windows were replaced in
March 2002. The owner says that this was before the building regs came
into force and therefore they do not need to comply with the current
regulations/fensa etc. and he has no certificates or documentation to
back this up ( they were made by a "friend of a friend" and
documentation is non-existant )

Is this correct or is it something I need to be worried about?

Thanks in advance.

You need to identify the supplier/fabricator just incase anyway, mine
were done by a friend of a friend, but included the fabricators details
so when I had a question, raised by a police CRO, about them I could get
an answer.