Graham

"Kipmans" wrote in message
news
Hello,

I have a bit of a problem with a LG Studioworks 520Si CRT monitor. I got
it today and powered it up, but with no computer or whatsoever attached.
Everything seemed to be working fine. The next thing I did (my reasons are
unimportant ;-)) was disconnecting the four wires which connect the 2
deflection coils to the big circuit board of the monitor. When I tried to
turn it on, the monitor began producing a sort of a 'beep' sound, which
repeats itself very quickly (until I pulled the plug :-)). Also, the LEDs
on the front except for the power LED are blinking in the same 'rhythm'. I
disconnected the power cable and plugged the 4 wires back in, but the
problem persists.

I took a look at the board, but I don't see any damaged parts. Has anyone
an idea on how I can solve this, or did I just destroy a good monitor
(hopefully not :-)).

Thanks in advance.

Reminds me of a job I was asked to do many years ago at the local TV studio.
I had to modify two CTV's so that the picture was the right way when the
sets were suspended upside down from the ceiling . Can't recall why they had
to do it that way.

As the other poster said, the HOT is probably short, It's the power
transistor on a heatsink near the flyback transformer.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%