Franc Zabkar

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 07:08:58 +1000, "John Smith"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have been trying to fix my TV which has sound, but no picture.
I am not very good at fixing TVs, and was wondering if someone could help
me.
The power supply voltages are ok, and there is no life in the high voltage
transformer.
The circuit that supplies the transofrmer has DC but no AC.
As I understand it, it is fed by the horizontal out of the AN5607 chip.

If there is a fault in the line stage, or if the B+ is excessive, many
sets are designed to go into protection mode. Often you will hear a
quick hiss of EHT followed by immediate shutdown.

- Franc Zabkar