WillR

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:
Which dimensions are you talking about ... the height to depth? The=20
Golden Ratio is about 1.618, or about 8-to-5.

Or 5:8

There is a difference of one between the Golden Ratio and it's inverse=20
if I recall correctly -- or you can count tree branches if you like. :-)

You should be able to deduce all the dimensions from that number and the =

ratio... Have a bit of fun and look at it -- if you want to and have=20
the time.

It could give you some ideas for shelves, cabinets etc. :-)

I am just doing another simple project and should be able to post=20
pictures in the next day or so -- then you can look at that one too...

WillR wrote:
=20
Shoe Shelf or Shoe rack (Take your pick)

SWMBO wanted a shelf to store shoes - so I made her one. It uses four =

pieces of wood.

It's on this page.
http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/p...ctsfurniture.=

html=20

You should be able to deduce the approximate dimensions, but to give=20
you a start, the width is 10.5 inches. Form that you should be able to=

=20
work out the rest of the dimensions, the placement and dimensions of=20
the cut outs, and the angles. Just alter the dimensions to match=20
_your_ shoe sizes and styles.

The cutouts at the top allow you to easily move it for cleaning=20
floors. The bottom cutouts allow you to cope with minor imperfections =

in the floor.

So for those of you who wondered about some of the weird threads on=20
design ratios and proportions, you can see for yourself if you like=20
the results.

=20

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw