Norvin (remove SPAM)

Martin, What I am upset about is the fact that HF charged my card,
shipped the little part to Ill and then transferred it to UPS for
delivery back to Minnesota. When I see my card charged, I expect to
see some activity on a shipping notice. If they use UPS, I know that
within 5 working days, I will have the part. Their catalog says that
most items are shipped UPS unless they are too big so I don't understand
why my little "profile gauge", maybe 10-12 oz would have to be shipped
on a big truck. I guess that I just didn't get a good feeling with HF
and the girl on the phone sure didn't help matters. I have ordered quite
a bit of supplies from various companies and have never had this kind of
service.

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
Be aware that UPS uses common carriers to save their costs. They don't
have a full
truck so they add it to another to make it full...

I have had equipment sent from very high up on the business pecking
order to me and
they put it to a terminal in East Texas by express and then a local
route company that
visits smaller towns and filled his truck. It is becoming to be a fact
of business
the shippers are not much better off than some of the airlines. Tipsy.
The post office
is stepping up and taking some of the load and in some or many respects
it is cheaper.
I got two amazon shipments by USPS this week and a third by UPS. UPS
got the smaller package.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Norvin (remove SPAM) wrote:

Leo Lichtman wrote:

"Norvin" wrote: (clip) Any suggestion to steer my in the right
direction.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I used to use the ones with sliding wires, all lined up, but the best
I have ever used is made with plastic "fingers." They slide
smoothly, don't get bent or pushed out of line. Mine came from
Harbor Freight. Woodcraft sells the same thing for twice the money.

Leo, I took your suggestion and went with Harbor Freight. I know that
you meant well, and I should have known better, BUT I will never use
Harbor Freight again. After I ordered it, they charged my credit card
on Aug 23. I gave them a couple days to get the part in the UPS system
so I could track and be home that day. As of today, the 30th, I still
have no part and when I called, they told me that the part was shipped
by common carrier to Ill., and then will be shipped by UPS back to me in
Minnesota. As you know, a common carrier will pickup and dropoff any
number of times between stops. I think I would have prefer to pay a
little more and get a lot more service. Hopefully all those that may
read this will be a little more informed before making a decision.
Thanks for the suggestion of the plastic fingers, I was considering
the metal ones, but you have a very good point.

News==----
Newsgroups