David Longley

Default Domestic steam cleaners?

In article , Tony Williams
writes
In article ,
Matt wrote:

We've got a Goblin steamer, it was used loads till the hose blew
- I really must get around to getting a new one. It produced a
good jet of steam which was used for all sorts of cleaning
purposes.

I'll just reply to this last post, but thanks for the other
replies and opinions.

We have an asthmatic in the family and I was attracted to
the idea of killing moulds and dust mites in hard to reach
places.

I think we might buy a little one, just as a taster to
try on (say) the shower and around the kitchen. If it
looks worth it then we might later go for a serious one.

Thanks,

Polti do some of the best and seem to be the originals.

The Aspira series seem to be the ones you want - these are both steam
cleaners and vacuum using water as a filter to get rid of the mites.

We have the 3000 Lux, which is just the steam cleaner. Note, they are
about 100 pounds cheaper in Italy. Over there, Gaggia, who make the best
espresso machines (similar technology), are becoming a major competitor
to Polti.
--
David Longley