Larry Jaques

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:02:32 -0400, the blithe spirit WillR
clearly indicated:

I said:
I turned off raw view and all is better now, though when I saw
"pickled oak" (his wife's idea, no doubt), "polycrilic" and
"pine/cherry stain", I cringed repeatedly. (Sorry, Will.)

Give me a break. lol I made the desk in more innocent times...

Ditto my kitchen cabinet doors in Diamondthane, but I put it on
in very thin coats and kept it from looking plasticky. I put poly on
only 2 projects before deciding that it just wasn't the stuff which
should go on wood. Maybe we should date our project pics to let folks
know how young and foolish we were back then. snort

(She did find the matching stain by the way -- d**n $%#@@#$ helpful
salesman at the local home hardware. )

Did you track him down and let the air out of his tires at work,
perchance?

She puts her d**n coffee cups on the desk. Besides -- we had to match
the commercial crap. :-(

Wuss.

Next time I will just make the whole desk suite and forget matching the
commercial stuff. _Then_ I can make it of oak or walnut and put a real
man's finish on it. G

Such as Waterlox?

At least I didn't make the desk of cherry and then pickle it...

Instant Karma would have been severe with you if you had, seņor Weel.

--
"Given the low level of competence among politicians,
every American should become a Libertarian."
-- Charley Reese, Alameda Times-Star (California), June 17, 2003