jeff

Jeff Dantzler wrote:
In rec.crafts.metalworking Strabo wrote:
An atheist means more than an *absence of belief* in a god;
the atheist states that he *knows* there is no god.

A-theist = Without theism. My life exists in a state without
any gods or religion. These are human constructs much like the
tooth fairy. I do not need to claim the non-existence of god to
be an atheist--I simply need to be without god.

Sounds like you are an agnostic. An honest postion.

No. To me agnostics are confused fence-sitters--as some one else
put it: perhaps not quite ready to be known as godless infidels.

"Capital A" Atheists assert definitively that there is no god. "Small a"
atheists simply live their lives without a belief in god. Similarly,
"capital A" Agnostics assert there is no logical way of knowing if a god
exists or not where as the "small a" variety are those that waffle,
unsure and unwilling to take a stand one way or another. An
intellectually honest Christian should also be an Agnostic, since there
is no way of providing definitive logical proof one way or another and
in the final analysis it must be a matter of faith.

That's true though libertarians must have a strong sense
of principle and morality otherwise minimal self-government
won't work. Hence the relevance of religion or spirituality.

This is same logic the RC church used in the third world backing
leftists because communism cannot work without a good religious
foundation. Poppycock. Government needs religion like a fish needs a
bicycle.

--
jeff
No, not that one. The other one.