Carolina Breeze HVAC

"Wekiva" wrote in message

Why would you want to change the setting? If the thermostat will hold
plus
or minus 1 degree who cares? raise the set point. Screwing around with
the
anticipator circuit in the stat will only give you head aches.

I had a thermostat installed a few years ago in another home that gave us
the option of 1, 2 or 3 degrees. The reason I like it is I find it too
hot to set the therm at 80 degrees...but setting it at 77 as the minimum
and letting it go up to 80 before going back down to 77 is a lot more
tolerable. I would think a range of 77 to 80 would save electricity and
yet be cooler than simply setting it at 80.

Not really....