Colbyt

"C. Adam Barney" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can you point me to information about "properly flashing" the flat roof
to the sloped roof? I can't really afford to hire a roofer to do this,
but I do pretty well with home improvements as long as I have decent
information.

Thanks for your quickk reply!

I don't have any links to share. The roll roofing or metal flashing should
extend at least 6" under the shingles above and 12" over the roll roofing
(or the top strip of roll roofing). On really shallow "flat roofs" it
should be glued down to the flat roof . Water can actually run uphill for a
slight slope. A liberal use of roofing cement to adhere the layers together
will work for a few years.

--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.