C. Adam Barney

Default Flat roof problems

I have a house with a low-slope roof that comes down to a attached
flat-roof garage that's been converted in to a family room. Since
buying the house 3 years ago, I've been repairing leaks constantly
along the seam between the low-slope and flat roofs. I'm tired of it,
and would like to take some broader action to fix the problem. The
only leaks we've had have been along that seam. The current roof is
asphalt roll roofing.

Is there a coating that I can apply that will fix this problem? Should
I replace the roll roofing on the flat portion, or maybe put another
layer of roll roofing on? Am I completely off track with these ideas?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Adam