Vic Dura

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:33:53 -0400, "Tman" tman9_ at _comcast.net
(remove underscores) wrote Re Energy prices and switching off of oil
heat:

- will LP gas prices fluctuate proportionately the same as #2 oil prices,
relative to the price of crude? Seems they should, so there would never be
a case to go with LP gas in the interest of saving energy costs.

- how would electricity prices fluctuate relative to the price of oil?
Seems that the correlation would be regional, depending upon the local
availability of nuclear or hydro power, plus the impact of the regulatory
environment. I would guess that for the vast majority of the country, a
long-term ramp-up of oil prices will never make electricity more competitive
because so much of our electric source is oil-based.

- what about nat gas prices? My guess is that nat gas prices would rise in
the face of increasing oil prices, as energy sources are switched over, but
more slowly. In the face of rising oil prices, I would expect a strong
incentive and lobby to see nat gas service run out to my neighborhood.

Look around in http://eia.doe.gov/ for estimates of future energy
costs. I don't have the exact link, but it's somewhere in there.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.