Art Todesco

I've always used a chisel with a hammer.
Hammer on a vise or a block of
steel. Obviously, don't hit is so hard
as to cut the ferrule. I've used it to
secure sound equipment to its cabinet,
so U bolts won't do.

Joey wrote:
I would not use these ferrules without the proper crimping tool. Instead
go to your hardware store and get the type you would tighten down on the
wire/cable with a socket wrench or wrench. They are usually sold in the
same area where the wire is located. They work great PLUS you can
re-use them over again.

Jack wrote:

Does anyone use ferrules(sp) on cable? I need to make some straps out
of 3/64 cable, they will not carry heavy loads, just span a gym and
paper stars will be hung from them.

Can I use ferrules if I just crimp them "Detroit Style" by pounding on
them with a hammer?

How about smashing them in my bench vice?

I have seen the tools specifically for the job but they are way to
expensive.

Do I really need to use thimbles, or can I just make loops.

(I want to use cable because we decorate the gym frequently and it
would be nice to just have a set that we can string up, rather than
re-invent the wheel every time and start tying rope, and trying to keep
them from stretching... etc. )

Any thoughts?