jay

Default New Skylight question...better to paint the inner wooden frame beforehand or after installation?

So far everyone is saying to go with Flat glass rather than plastic bubble
in spite of my concerns about the potential for mold/mildew growth on the
wooden frame. (these are above bathrooms)

For the flat skylight, my understanding is that the inner frame is wood and
unfinished, and the condo Association will paint this frame afterward.

Was thinking maybe it would be easier for them to paint the wooden frame
beforehand (and save the time and hassle of scheduling appointments and
having people climbing ladders, etc.) Is painting beforehand a good idea,
or is there a reason the painting should be done afterward?

Thanks.

J.