Colbyt

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message

I have three velux skylights, two ten years old and one five years
old. Perfect. No leaks, no discoloration. Used their flashing kits.
Reroofed the house and left the ten year old units in without
incident.

Guy around the corner had (emphasis on had) two of those plastic domed
units. Removed them after about eight years (along with several roof
sheathing panels that had rotted from the leakage).

nuff said.

I have to agree with Frank. I have 3 Velux skylights that are 10 years old.
Absolutely no problems in 10 years. I know people with the bubble guys who
have nothing but problems.

If you live on a golf course the glass can be replaced in the Velux units.
The domes must be replaced completely if damaged.

Colbyt