RicodJour

Jack Fuller wrote:
I'm installing aluminum gutters on my house. It's my first try at
this and I have a problem.

I've put up the first inside miter box and connected to the gutters
with slip-in connectors. I've already bolted it to the facia board
and hate to take it down.

My problem is the connectors leak when I pour water in it to test. I
first used the tube type gutter sealant and am now trying the
tape-peel on type. it's still leaking.

Any idea would be greatly appreciated.

It's more of a problem to successfully seal a leaking gutter that's
already in place. I'd take it down and reseal the joint. Apply the
sealant liberally and wipe off the stuff that squeezes out.