Curiosity

Default Advise on laying laminate flooring please.

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 19:00:34 +0100, tarquinlinbin
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:57:51 +0100, Curiosity
wrote:

Hi all

I am about the have my first go at laying laminate flooring in an odd
shaped hallway in a bungalow.

Can anybody suggest a good diy book or web site with pictures and
instructions.

I have the general idea of how to go about it but am a bit unsure
about fitting the strips between doorway architraves etc. i.e. cutting
the profile to fit the architrave detail.

TIA

Paul

Have a look here;

http://www.quick-step.com/supportcenter.aspx

some tips,dont buy cheap crap from the diy sheds,invest some money in
good quality product.

go for click loc,not glued

plan plan plan plan,think think think think,before you even get your
tools out!!

make sure you start at the right place

make sure you have the right tools especially
measuring,lvelling,squaring and cutting devices

make sure the base floor is level

joe

Thanks all of you for your help.

I had thoughts of using cheap laminate to start with, two reasons

a. Its on a new building site so quite a lot of grit etc will be
dragged in over the next year or so. I can lay the better stuff in a
year or two.

b. I am on a learning curve so using cheap stuff I can afford to make
a few mistakes and rip it up.

Asked for quotes for laying the flooring, they came in at 10 UKP and
12.50 UKP per M2.

Thanks

Paul

(Sorry for late reply, been away).