Lucy

"daslf" wrote in message
I have a double kitchen sink. I fill the left side to wash dishes. After
I'm done, I release the water and the right side emits a horrible stink.

The left side has the garbage disposal.

If you smell either side with no water, you don't get anything (no smell).

I checked the "U" trap and it was clean. I poured vinegar and baking soda
down.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

We had that problem a while back. In our case, the culprit was the underside
of the rubber flap (I don't know what it is called) on the disposal side of
the sink. The bottom of that flap had nasty stuff on it. I discovered this
by sticking a dish brush down there (disposal turned off, of course). I
pulled it up, inside out and scrubbed it with soft scrub with bleach, as
that was all I had handy, and I haven't had a problem with it since.
hth,
lucy