TomWoodman

Canadian made GENERAL woodworking equipment "will stand up to 30 years of
abuse by high school students". Quote from a high school district
equipment buyer.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Until a few weeks ago, I was aimed at getting either a Felder or Knapp
Table Saw. It would take me 18 months of saving to afford one of those.

Then, a fellow in my Woodworking club showed me his Inca with a bolted
on Sliding Table made by Robland. He suggested I look at General.

The Canadian General Saw is about $1000 more than their Taiwanese
product.

Is the Canadian equipment important enough to pay an extra $1000. ?

Is General better than Grizzly?

How does that sliding table with outrigger perform? On crosscuts, say,
or for ripping big panels?

Gary in Los Angeles

(with eyes bigger than his wallet)