RoyJ

I've bought from pawn shop, new brand name, and off brand.

I've found that the pawn shop units ALWAYS need a rebuild kit and they
still may not work quite right. Aroud here the carpenters bring their
old junk in to the place in the fall, by midwinter it is on the shelf.
My big Senco S70 framing nailer is still going strong, needed a rebuild
kit and a new drive pin. Old pin had seen way too many nails.

The off brand stuff (Harbor Freight, Campell Hausfield) works ok for a
while, parts are not stocked after a fairly short time (compared to
Senco or Bostitch) Not a bad deal for someone who wants to do a roof,
then keep the coil nailer for future projects.

Name brand are what the pros buy when they need something that goes all
day, every day. You can watch the sales, pick stuff up at a good price.

The real deal is to get something like this: I found a Senco sheathing
stapler at Home Depot. They don't sell these units, had used it to do
some displays, had it on their closeout/returns table for $42.

RogerN wrote:
Any recommendations on some of the lower priced framing and finish nailers?
I prefer to buy quality name brand tools but these nail guns are mostly for
one or two projects. Any recommendations on Harbor Freight or Grizzly (or
???) low priced nail guns? Or am I better off buying name brand used,
refurbished, or eBay nailers?

Thanks!
Roger N.