Gunner

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:28:19 GMT, Ignoramus23186
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:25:17 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:06:56 GMT, Ignoramus23186
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:09:31 GMT, Gunner wrote:
On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 03:23:00 GMT, Ignoramus5361
wrote:

You'll want to make the buzzbox DC if you want to work with steel.

Thanks. There is a Miller DialArc 250 that I am eyeing.

That is one of the best rock solid stick welders ever made. AC/DC
They made a HF version which had TIG capabilities built into the
same box, The stock DialArc has been a mainstay in California school
shops simply because they were so hard to kill.

That's nice to know. I will try to get it. Can I store it outdoors
(maybe covered with tarp)? I am in Midwest, with its climate.

I store mine under the welding table, outdoors. But ...I think Id tarp
yours if I were you. Or better yet, slide it under a work bench. Its
not all that long. A simple low cart with casters will make it easy to
slide in and out, and can be used from under the bench handily.

I basically have very limited space in my garage. I made a bench on
wheels yesterday, which I will use for grinding. I will have a 1/2HP
baldor grinder, little wet wheel sharpenet, and a chop saw on it. Made
out of old kitchen cabinet and wheels from a demolished UPS. The idea
is that since grinding is dirty, I could pull out the grinding
bench/cart outside and do my grinding outdoors without contaminating
the garage with crap. It will be healthier too.

I cannot have many such carts in my garage basically, without being
ridiculous. Plus, welding is healthier outdoors. Hence my question
about outdoor storage. I could make some doghouse for the welder also.

Oh oh...time to scrounge a Shop. One of those 8x20 or 8x 40 SeaTrain
containers will make a great shop. Mil-surp too G

A doghouse would be best then. I dont think it will survive being out
in the open. Here..average rainfall per YEAR is around 4"(inches)

Oh..btw..I scrounged up 6 Lincoln "LinConditioners" last week. They
look like shop vacs. with a big ceramic filter thingy bobby inside and
are used to suck in welding smoke, and exhaust clean(er) air.

All work just hunky dory if anyone needs one, and I have the owners
manuals (copies)

Gunner