ARWadsworth

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:25:28 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

I certainly agree with respect to using good quality tools. However,
I've had perfectly good results with a £5 pipe cutter as well as a £15
one. I may be sufficiently inventive to have success with other
things like a mitre saw - who knows. I also follow manufacturers
instructions unless there is a very good reason not to do so. Here
there really isn't.

What would class as a very good reason?

I think you answered your own question, Adam. Presumably you didn't
have access to the proper tools for whatever reason on this occasion.

Never lend your tools to your Dad. You will always need them as soon as he
has got them!

I do not have a lot of plumbing equipment and only do the odd bits of
plumbing. I still have no regrets on spending about £10 on a decent plastic
pipe cutter from a wholesalers. I believe it has paid for itself already on
the few jobs I have used it.

Adam