Upscale

wrote in message

The Canadian General Saw is about $1000 more than their Taiwanese
product.
Is the Canadian equipment important enough to pay an extra $1000. ?

Depends on what you want to use a tablesaw for, how often you will use it
and how much you're into woodworking. The Canadian made General is a buy
once in your lifetime saw. You'll likely never need to buy another one again
unless you plan on going into commercial woodworking and even then, the
General would hold it's own.

Is General better than Grizzly?

In my opinion, that's a definite "Yes".

How does that sliding table with outrigger perform? On crosscuts, say,
or for ripping big panels?

Only experience I have with sliding tables is what I've played with at
woodworking shows. If you're got the room and expect to be cutting panels on
a regular basis, as well as having enough spare cash to buy one, then I
think they're worthwhile. But again as I mentioned, it all comes down to how
much you think you'll be using it.