Serial Bodger

Default My toilet seat keeps sliding sideways!

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message

Does anyone have any tricks to make this arrangement more stable?

Have had his problem in the past. The seat would get so lose that I was
afraid I would end up in the bowl ;-)

The problem appeared to stem from the fact that I could never get the nylon
nut tight enough to stop the seat from slowly working it's way lose.

The seat I had a M6 metal screw stud which affixed to the hinge, went trough
the holes either side then through a nylon/rubber washer and finally a nylon
nut. I popped to the local shed and got my self a M6 metal wing nut, a M6
large metal washer, and a M6 star washer.

Reassembled tightened up as far as I dared and the seat never moved again.

Hope this helps..